1st short Review of the UXintensive Event in Washington DC

I’ve been extremely excited to be attending to the Adaptive Path’s 2009 UX Intensive event in Washington DC, started today
We had a great first day with Henning Fischer. He pointed up that strategy planning is about saying „NO“– Sounds familiar? I hope so – but all too often we all have to go through the opposite. That’s pretty the same with statements “Our strategy is to be the best” – Being “the best” might be the target but it couldn’t never be a strategy. I’m firm believer that design processes will always fail to succeed unless they aren’t supported by a fundamental business strategy and a professional approach.

Henning mentioned again and again a quote by Eliel Saarinen (Architect) I’ve never heard before
“Always design a thing by considering it in its next larger context - a chair in a room, a room in a house, a house in an environment, an environment in a city plan.”
May you know it already - I am an architect and town planner and I never heard of Eliel Saarinen or this excellent statement – sad but true. I like the statement it's should be a leading view for architects of urban environments and virtual environments.

I’m looking forward to three further seminar days.

Comments